FPDS Reports Transition Oct 17: What are the Differences Between Standard and Ad Hoc Contract Data Reports
Contract data reports capabilities are transitioning from FPDS.gov to beta.SAM.gov on October 17, 2020. At that time, the FPDS reports module will retire and beta.SAM.gov will be the only place to create and run reports on contract data. All users should take advantage of this time to become familiar with the reports functions in beta.SAM.gov now, before the transition is final.
Let’s take a moment to discuss the differences between and features of standard contract data reports and ad hoc contract data reports in beta.SAM.gov. If you are not yet familiar with the beta.SAM.gov Data Bank, please view our video on standard, static, and administrative reports to get oriented to finding reports on the site.
Standard reports have already been configured to answer some of the most common questions about contract data. For example, the Contractor Search report allows you to search for contract actions and dollars awarded to a particular contractor. The date range is configurable, and the report can be limited by which federal departments or agencies awarded the contracts.
Here are some of the most popular standard reports:
- Small Business Achievements by Awarding Organization Report: Displays the dollars, actions, and percentages for small business contracts by awarding agency.
- Small Business Goaling Report: Displays the dollars, actions, and percentages for small business contracts by funding agency.
- Contract Detail Report: Provides the complete contractual data for a specified Procurement Instrument Identifiers (PIID)
- Federal Contract Actions and Dollars: Displays the federal contract actions and dollars for a specified date signed range.
- Contractor Search: Shows total actions and dollars for a given contractor.