Notable Changes to Recent GSA MAS Solicitation Refresh 5 (A826)
In November 2020, the General Services Administration (GSA) released a Multiple Award Schedule (MAS) Solicitation 47QSMD20R0001 – Refresh # 5 (Mass Mod A826) to all existing contractors. This Mass modification must be accepted by December 31, 2020.
Outlined below is a summary of notable changes associated with Solicitation 47QSMD20R0001 – Refresh # 5 (Mass Mod A826):
1. Incorporation of a new Section 889 Part B Representation Requirement in SAM.gov
Section 889(a)(1)(B) of the National Defense Authorization Act for FY 2019 requires contractors to certify that they do not use certain prohibited telecommunications equipment, as detailed in FAR 52.204-24 to 52.204-26 on SAM.gov. These restrictions on telecommunications equipment apply to all Federal contractors, whether they are on Schedule or not.
2. Removal of GSAR 552.204-70 from Refresh #5
GSAR 552.204-70 is no longer relevant, as FAR 52.204-26 serves the same purpose.
3. Updated template for Agent Authorization Letters
In the updated version of the Agent Authorization Letter, vendors are required to sign the completed letter using a digital signature.
4. Updated Refresh #5 template for Requests to Hold Continuous Contracts
The template for Requests to Hold Continuous Contracts has been updated with additional requirements. The new template requires contractors to 1) Identify any MAS contracts that are being audited or are scheduled to be audited by the GSA Office of Inspector General (OIG); 2) Acknowledge they can meet all contractual requirements under both contracts; and 3) Acknowledge that their pricelist on GSA Advantage for the non-surviving MAS contract must be updated within 30 days of calendar award with a required statement explaining which contract must be used for new orders.
In addition, this new version of the template will also be required for contractors who submit a MAS Consolidation Phase 3 Add SIN modification request to consolidate legacy MAS contracts under the new Consolidated Schedule. Contractors who submit a Request to Hold Continuous Contracts must use a new template containing three new requirements.
5. Formation of seven new Special Item Numbers (SINs) under the Professional Services Large Category, and changes to two existing SINs.
NEW SINs – GSA added the following seven SINS to the Professional Services Category:
1. SIN 562910RMI: Environmental Remediation Services – Multiple Industries
2. SIN 541330EMI: Engineering Services Related to Military, Aerospace Equipment, or Military Weapons, the National Energy Policy Act of 1992, Marine Engineering and/or Naval Architecture
3. SIN 541715AIR: Engineering Research and Development for Aircraft, Aircraft Engine and Engine Parts
4. SIN 541715APM: Engineering Research and Development for: Other Aircraft Parts and Auxiliary Equipment, Guided Missiles and Space Vehicles, Their Propulsion Units and Propulsion Parts
5. SIN 541713: Research and Development in Nanotechnology
6. SIN 541714: Research and Development in Biotechnology (except Nanobiotechnology)
7. SIN 541720: Research and Development in the Social Sciences and Humanities
CHANGES – The following updates to two existing SINs:
1. SIN 541690 will change from Integrated Logistics Support to Technical Consulting Services.
2. SIN 562910REM will have its description revised in order to distinguish it from the new SIN 562910RMI. “RMI” will be used for remediation services that encompass three or more industries/NAICS codes, where the preponderance of work is at least 50% under NAICS 562910. “REM” will be for remediation services that do NOT encompass three or more industries. This is significant because the Small Business Size Standard is defined differently for the two SINs (by dollar value for “REM” vs. by number of employees for “RMI”), so it is possible for a firm to be an SB under “REM” but not “RMI,” or vice versa.
6. Separate Subcontracting Plan templates for commercial and individual
7. Updates to Price Proposal Templates (PPT)
The following templates have been updated:
1. PPT for Products
2. PPT for Services and Training
3. PPT for Code J SIN 561612
4. PPT for Travel Agent Services
8. Changes to pricelist instructions listed under clause I-FSS-600
Refresh #5 changes the I-FSS-600 from 26 items to 24 items under the Customer information. The following line items were eliminated:
1. 9a. Notification that Government purchase cards are accepted at or below the micro-purchase threshold.
2. 9b. Notification whether Government purchase cards are accepted or not accepted above the micro-purchase threshold.
3. 17. Terms and conditions of Government purchase card acceptance (any thresholds above the micro-purchase level).
Recommend contractors assure price lists references the 24-line items correctly.
For more detailed information or if you need any help in accepting the GSA Mass modification please contact your TGG consultant.