Upcoming Transition of VA FSS Sales Reporting and Industrial Funding Fee Remittance Portal
VA FSS is working in collaboration with General Services Administration (GSA) to modernize systems, standardize processes, and streamline the user experience. As part of these ongoing efforts, VA FSS will be transitioning the sales reporting and Industrial Funding Fee (IFF) remittance process to GSA’s Federal Acquisition Service (FAS) Sales Reporting Portal (SRP) by the end of calendar year 2023.
No action is required now. This process will begin in the upcoming months and will occur throughout calendar year 2023, as you can see in our Project Timeline. VA FSS has a dedicated team supporting the transition of contracts and data, and this team will stay in contact with you throughout the process to ensure a smooth transition.
Notification Phase 1 — February to March 2023
- Announce transition to both internal and external stakeholders
- Designate central location(email) to field questions
- VA announce updates to Clause 552.238-80
System Development Phase 2 — April to September 2023
- Share information on key implementation actions and training sessions
- Develop system processes to load and manage
Contract Load, Data Migration, and Training Phase 3 — October to December 2023
- Load VA contracts into SRP
- Hold training sessions for VA CO’s, Industry, and Help Desk
- Transfer historical sales data to FAS SRP
First Sales Reporting and Project Close Out Phase 4 — January 2024
- Monitor first sales reporting cycle
- Support CO’s, Industry, and Help Desk as needed
- Provide information on final project status
- Closeout project and transition to production phase
As mentioned above, no action is needed now. We will keep you updated on next steps and key activities. In the meantime, feel free to visit the SRP site and review the help section tutorials in the upper right-hand corner of the screen. This will provide an overview of the new process you will use to report sales and remit IFF. Note that VA FSS contractors will only be using the quarterly sales reporting features inside the system.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is VA moving sales reporting to GSAs FAS Sales Reporting Portal (SRP)?
VA FSS is transitioning the reporting of sales and remittance of the IFF over to the new GSA’s FAS Sales Reporting Portal. This will standardize GSA and VA sales reporting processes by using the same modernized IT infrastructure that will simplify sales reporting and IFF payment process. The goal of this transition is to provide a streamlined process under one robust and modern system.