The Gormley Group is pleased to announce that we are supporting clients with NASA SEWP (Solutions for Enterprise-wide Procurement), which is a government-wide, multiple-award, Indefinite Delivery, Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) acquisition program for Information Technology (IT) products, services, and solutions. The upcoming SEWP VI is the newest iteration of NASA’s premiere Government Wide Acquisition Contract (GWAC), and it significantly expands the program’s scope beyond that of the current SEWP V. Below are some of the major changes:
- Multiple contract types at the order level (Firm Fixed Price, Time & Material, Labor Hour, Fixed Price Award Fee, Fixed Price Incentive Fee)
- Services and Professional Services at the Master Contract level
- Two new service categories added
SEWP VI Program Highlights
SEWP VI is designed to be a comprehensive acquisition solution for both products and services in the Information Technology, Communications, and Audio Visual (ICT/AV) realm. Vendors may submit offers under one or more of the following categories:
- Category A – ICT/AV Solutions: This category covers a broad range of ICT/AV solutions. While products are the focus, product-oriented services such as maintenance, installation, and engineering are also included in scope.
- Category B – Enterprise-wide ICT/AV Service Solutions: A service-oriented category, this covers any enterprise-wide strategic solution that may improve or enhance agency ICT/AV infrastructure.
- Category C – ICT/AV Program Level Services: Similar in scope to Category B, this focuses on ICT/AV services that support specific missions or programs, rather than enterprise-level support. Category C is a small business set-aside.
The current iteration of SEWP boasts over $10 billion dollars of annual sales and can be used by every federal agency just like the GSA MAS Schedule program. Notably, the current scope of the SEWP program only includes the offerings under Category A above. With the program’s expansion into services under Categories B and C, SEWP is poised for additional growth.
NASA also prides itself on the support the SEWP program shows to small businesses. Of the current program awardees, over 70% are considered small, and the upcoming SEWP VI RFP will contain modified requirements for every category that make the program more accessible for small businesses.
The SEWP VI RFP is expected to be issued before the end of March 2024 and offers are expected to be due sixty (60) days following this release. NASA is indicating that SEWP contract awards would be announced in or around May 2025. It is expected that SEWP VI will not be reopening the program to on-ramp new contractors during SEWP VI’s ten-year period of performance. Businesses seeking to remain competitive within the government IT arena should be preparing now to consider this new contract opportunity.
SEWP VI Proposal Support
The Gormley Group (TGG) provides advisory and consulting services to assist you in capturing a SEWP VI contract. TGG Subject Matter Experts have been tracking the evolution of the SEWP VI RFP and our consultants will deliver expert direction in the development of offer materials, to map your offerings to the applicable SEWP categories and subcategories, and to conduct a comprehensive final review of your SEWP VI offer prior to submission. Bringing to the table decades of experience in proposal preparation for IDIQ contracts, TGG is ready to provide you with our domain experience in support of your SEWP VI submission.